At JLI vision we work primarily with projects, and since each project is different, it is impossible to put an exact price on a machine vision project without a thorough preliminary investigation.
The price is dependent on the complexity of the project, and the complexity depends on a wide range of factors. However, we know them so well that we would like to give you an indication of how complex your vision project is and what it will cost.
The cost will obviously depend on the hardware (cameras, lights, computer, etc) you need and the software. However, it is the engineering hours required to develop and implement a robust custom solution that take the biggest bite out of the budget.
It is factors like these that define the complexity of your project:
- What needs to be inspected? What type of defects do you want find?
- What is the size of the part? And the defects that need to be found?
- Will the part be inspected from one or more sides?
- What tolerance is acceptable?
- What material is the part made of? What does the surface look like?
- How fast does the part move on the production line?
- In what environment should the inspection take place?
- What are the requirements for process documentation?
We have created a test to give you a good indication of the complexity of your machine vision project and what it might cost. Try it below.